8.24.2008

the latest and greatest, with reviews!

The girls of my household were finally reunited in a trip to Evansville, Indiana Saturday to our beloved Target, the Evansville River walk (pretty lack luster but nice), and my new favorite eatery, Grand Traverse Pie Company. Unfortunately the Evansville location of Grand Traverse is as far south as they go since they originated in Michigan.
Speaking of Michigan, this Thursday it'll be ONE WEEK til we leave. This is like the never ending plate of food, the vacation has seemed far away and unattainable, I'm ready to hit the road. We're taking our beloved not-so-much-a-dog, Napoleon. In theory it'll be great to have him there, in reality 15 hours with a dog is something you'll have to stay tuned to hear about but I'm pretty sure how it'll play out (Ericka and I are the only ones being realistic about how much it'll suck to travel with him).
In other news, John Mayer: Where The Light Is (late reviewing), very much worth the buy. This is probably my favorite John-John album because it's some of his old stuff done in his new ways. It has an acoustic set (great to fall asleep to), the Trio set, and then just full band. And since it was recorded at a live concert, it really is exactly like being at the concert (10 minute jazz odysseys included).
In movie reviews, went to see House Bunny and the Rocker this weekend. Loved the Rocker, it had me laughing from the opening scene, Rainn did not disappoint. House Bunny was cute, had it's funny moments, all in all a good movie.
One of the most excited moments of my week was Wednesday with Remix (our student worship). I'm leading the middle school girl lifegroup and though I thought they were scared to the core and hating themselves for coming, they all told me after they loved it and couldn't wait til next week. Even better moment today when one of my girls came up and gave me a big hug every time she saw me! She just wanted to hang out with me which is so cool and gets me stoked for this year. Her Mom told me that she was so excited to be in my group and couldn't wait until next week. I pray that God keeps using me to help show those girls what it's all about. That we can figure life out together, and just develop genuine relationships. Funny side note, they've already scoped out our many middle school boys, the awkward conversation is pretty sweet.
I'm out for now, I have a big day of going to Nanny's and erasing her voicemails that she can't figure out how to get rid of.

No comments: