8.18.2008

image

"Don't let the image of the church, become your image of God."

Let me follow that saying that I know we as Christ followers are called emulate Him, but sadly the one thing in life that is a guarantee is that we all fail.. a lot. So in turn, people disappoint. And since we as imperfect people are trying to follow the image of the one and only perfection to come to earth, we flat out suck at church sometimes. I think so much of the world is turned off to God because of the image the church has created. One of my heroes and mentors said, "when it becomes about image and not the person, that's when we fail." So, how do we change that? Authentic relationships. There's nothing that makes me feel better then when I'm having a rough day and I get an email saying someone is thinking about me (well, that, and some chocolate.) Jesus' closest friends were straight up losers. Tax collectors? I mean c'mon, Jesus could have chosen anyone and he chose the outcast. It's when you start building the relationships with the overlooked that God is all about. I think it's time for the church to truly become God centered, than self centered.

1 comment:

DtCtyGrl said...

Well said. Well said.