9.26.2008

Orbdom

The 31 Days of Halloween has begun.
This year I'm really excited for all holidays, having been a fan of Halloween in past years this isn't anything new, although I think this is the most excited I've been in awhile. Savoring the month is really what it's about. We kicked it off with a Ghost Tour. You heard. On our quest to get a picture of orb-gi's (read twice before criticizing), we went to downtown Nashville to visit some of our Capitol's haunting's. It took a little misleading and bribing to get Ericka to go as she isn't nearly as morbidly fascinated with these kind of things such as my mother and I are. (Just kidding, though I did have to tell her a six year old went on it without getting scared, and it wouldn't give her nightmares just as the website says: www.nashvilleghosttours.com). We started at 8 (PM, as if ghost would come at in the AM) at the beautiful Hermitage Hotel (make sure if you go, you go to their bathroom before, it's worth the $15. ghost tour ticket just to go pee there). From there we traveled to the Capitol which was my personal favorite. The grounds were dark and a little menacing (not in a scary way, it's well lit and guarded for the record), and the ghost I wanted to see the most is a supposed haunter of the tower, Rachel Jackson, President Andrew Jackson's wife. Sadly, she wasn't seen by me but not for lack of trying. Anywhere we were in view of the Capitol, I would look at the tower wishing for just a little ghostly glimpse. However, my beloved sister got these fantastic pictures of what is believed to be ghostly spirits*:

*negative logical comments are banned.
Really I'm a hypocritical ghost believer. I know the power of suggestion plays a strong part, and I don't dismiss the fact that there are evils in the world. I just like the idea of Halloween spooks (not really spooky though, friendly spooks, Casper for instance). We're continuing the 31 days festivities by watching Haunted Mansion, Charlie Brown, Tower or Terror, etc. We're also going to Boyd's Pumpkin Patch which I'm really excited about. That's where we got our pumpkins as kids and this year he has a corn maze which I've never experienced due to being an asthmatic child (scarring did come from school field trips to the pumpkin patch where I could participate in nothing but picking my pumpkin, and even that had stipulations!). All this to say, enjoy the holidays with your families! Make them special with the little stuff (candy corn is always well recieved). :)

No comments: