10.27.2008

I've been compromised

To pessimist, skeptics, and eye rollers alike, this post is not for you, so just go ahead and skip this one.
I've been compromised. It's true. I attributed $8.50 to the $42 million this movie brought to the box office this weekend. That's right, yesterday, October 26, I watched High School Musical 3. And what's worse? I loved it. Having watched the first and second, it was only natural I should see the third. I liked the first one but didn't fall under the cult obsession. Actually I shunned it for a long time til fate would have it one day I was bored and in need of a film. Watching movies all the time, I was left with the pre-teen collection. This resulted in me watching the original High School Musical and going bananas for it. I wanted to watch it everyday. That lead to wanting to buy the second only having watched it when it premiered. The second really isn't good, just a filler. So yesterday was the day. I wasn't proud to go see it. I thought I would hate it. But this was my favorite of the three. The music was great and returned to it's former glory, the choreography was amazing, and the plot though predictable, had me excited. The idea of having a high school with no drugs, sex, and the biggest problem being is who's cast for the spring musical is less than realistic. But it's idyllic. It's the same as every little girl growing up watching Disney movies waiting for Prince Charming (it was Aladdin for me), now it's the same group of girls, waiting for a Troy Bolton. This is nothing new, Grease was the original High School Musical with just a little more reality. I've discovered I really am a cliche teenage girl. I own Camp Rock (both movie and soundtrack). I own High School Musical 1 & 2 movies (and the first and third soundtrack). And the glue that bonds all teenage girls together, I love the Jonas Brothers. To be fair, I haven't gone crazy for any celebrities since Aaron Carter, I think I deserve to have another round since I was 5. Alright, confession over. I couldn't remain a closet teenager any more. Of course, I'm always skeptical of any Disney movie, (and just to put it out there, I don't watch Disney channel, nor do I even remotely like Miley Cyrus), but there's a little part of me that's a middle schooler all over again. I just needed to tell the world. There you have it. I'm going to perfect my dancing to Status Quo.

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL Well... I'm 29 and I loved it too... should I be worried!? haha Glad you decided to come out of the teenage closet! HA!

Unknown said...

You are gonna have to bring me into the fold. I am a HSM virgin, and have never seen any of them. How is that even possible since I'm related to Courtney B? I don't know. I'm glad I found your blog. Love you and miss you!

Lauren Grizzard said...

I'm glad I'm not alone :) love your blog, thanks for commenting!


AMANDA! I'll come visit fully prepared to bring you and JRae up to speed :) Love you!