11.22.2008

Bitten

I've been bit. And by a vampire no less. The Edward Cullen bug has struck two in my house. Everyone has been asking me if I've read 'Twilight' yet to which I always responded 'no' for three reasons: 1) everyone else was reading them, 2) I was afraid it would replace my beloved Harry Potter, and, 3) it was about a vampire.. c'mon, seriously? I finally broke when someone said they would lend me the first two. I said sure to finally get people to stop driving me crazy with it, and was ready to go in skeptically as it seems everyone who reads it, becomes obsessed (and after all, it IS all about a vampire). I started when I got home that night and read for three hours, and got 200 pages into it. I didn't want to fall asleep, but still I was very driven to not become obsessed. Thursday I didn't have a chance to read it, but Friday was completely devoted to finishing the first book. It was mesmerizing and I was done for. In my defense, I lasted a few hundred pages into the first book. I can say now that the books are incredible. I know, I know, as if you haven't already heard that. But there's something to be said about a great read, and this is one of them.
Today I'm reading the second, plan on seeing the movie, and am listening to the soundtrack. From one skeptic turned crazed, it's worth your time.

No comments: