1.12.2009

Trip (or Fall) 2009

Christmas blog: no. New Years: no. but January 12th, here I am!
Thus far my most exciting 2009 plan (besides graduating) is a trip to the WEST COAST in June. That's right, to have never been further west than Missouri (and that wasn't even a fourth into the state), I will be flying to Seattle and ending up in San Francisco. How did this come about you may ask? From here, I digress.
To set it up: Christmas night, my Uncle's house, four Twilight readers.
I was hanging out with my cousins when the ever brilliant E said we should all take a trip together (Ericka and I were already planning a warm vacation somewhere after this ridiculous winter). We started talking about Twilight and it was said "wouldn't it be cool to go to Forks?" .. from there it became a very large road trip from the Dakotas' to Southern California that has been edited so it's actually do-able. So May 30, I will take flight for the first time ever, from Nashville International Airport, to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (with a stop between for cheapening reasons).
Last night we met to work on planning and see what prices will actually be without trying to romanticize them. Needless to say, it's going to take all the saving (and maybe a bit of scrounging) I can do, but I wouldn't miss this trip. My reasoning for going now is that we can use the "young and stupid" excuse AND we might as well go now before we have some one else in our lives to think about and bills to pay. We're staying in national parks, probably eating poptarts all week, and hoping to get rid of the rental car early (that's the expense that hurts the most). Pretty much the only tourist sight we're paying for is the Space Needle, but it's not like I'm going to do that every year, or ever again really, I just want to experience it once.
We hope to blog as we go (and blog the prep for the trip), so if you'd like to keep up, you can check out: Trip (or Fall)

No comments: