1.31.2009

the x games, the mute, the concert


Last weekend* was the most epic weekend of sports. That's right, it was the X Games. In one line: I love the X Games more than any other. Maybe I'll elaborate on it more another time. Though for the record, Kevin Pearce, I think you were robbed. I love Shaun, but it didn't seem right.

*not to be confused with THIS weekend. I'm not really into football anyway, but I'm really not into this Superbowl. I didn't even know Arizona had a team.


My past week has been spent with my mute mom. She apparently stripped her vocal chords which left her talking in nothing but a whisper all week. However I developed ears like a panther and could hear what she whispered to someone from another room when they couldn't hear her being in the same room; I've been her translator all week.


On a more serious note, Relevant Students had the first ever VIVA CATIE concert on Thursday. I never met Catie, but she has still made an impact on my life. She was a girl my age that battled with cancer until 2007 but remained to be an incredible reflection of Christ even in the midst of something as dark as cancer. Her story is not one you can hear and not be moved. The concert was free but donations were being taken to go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation to find a cure. Over 250 people, over $1,000 raised! It shows what a difference people can make when they have the same vision.

Just a random look into my week and another attempt to get back into blogging. Also my first usage of pictures, exciting times!

No comments: