3.02.2009

pause

I've come to the conclusion at this point in my life:
growing up is hard.
With college in the fall it seems like there is a pressure to have my life figured out. The thing is, my future is a big question mark to me right now, and sometimes it's hard to trust that God knows my question mark. It makes it easy to seek the option of moving to Colorado to "find myself" and shred mountains - the Neverland of America, if you will (without Michael Jackson).
Consequently enough, we started a series at REMIX called PAUSE. It sounded simple enough, it's a button on your remote. But the first week alone has hit me hard. The bottom line of the night was pausing to be present.
I can be so consumed with what my future is supposed to look like, that I'm always feeling inadequate to my unknown. Taking time just to clear my head and focus on my Savior has been the most simple way to let everything go.
Are there still questions when it's time to get up and go again? Yes. Is it still important to plan towards the future? Absolutely. But choosing what's important and trying to eliminate the trivial things I worry about not only has decluttered my thoughts, but given me more space to focus on what's important in my life right now.

*A cool side note (or at least I thought it was cool), I started this blog last Monday just to get my thoughts out there and try to make sense of it all. It was written in a stressed out state of mind in turn making it pretty stressful to read. But we started this series Wednesday and finally I've been able to piece everything together, just to find that it's not important that I do. :) I'm always amazed how many times God has to remind me of things like that, yet He always does.

No comments: