4.10.2009

you won't be seventeen forever..

I won't be seventeen forever as the one hit wonder (in my opinion), Metro Station, reminds me. In fact as of tomorrow, seventeen will be another year down.
Reflecting on this past year, I've had a lot of new and great experiences, at one point I was stressed more than I've ever been, but I feel like as cliche as it is to say, I have learned a lot.
However, I'm ready for the next step: 18.
Just a few reasons as to why:

1. I can register to vote.
2. I can get a tattoo (though I probably won't willingly pay for a needle that's not going to vaccinate me).
3. I can buy, rent, or see rated R movies on my own (which is not as cool and foreign as it once was having seen them).
4. I can order almost anything Billy Mayes is selling; the eight tubs of oxi-clean is tempting for all my clothes with grease, coffee, grass, and red wine stains on them.
5. Legally, I'm an adult.

Kind of crazy, but it's welcomed.

Knowing today represents the day my Savior died for me to live, makes me eager to share and show His love and message and not waste any time that I have.

I'm really blessed to have a family that have always been open and supportive, to have a relationship with Christ for thirteen years (fourteen years tomorrow), and to have amazing people in my life that are continually shaping me.
I'm thankful for those relationships.

No comments: