12.11.2007

sunny with a high of, well just 70, but still!

it's December 11th (happy birthday, Ericka!) and I'm writing this sitting on our porch. that's right it's 70, and sunny! there are blue skies today which I've been missing and it's 70! my kind of Christmas. honestly if January and February felt this good, I might actually like those months. of course this weather is just a one day phenomenon; for the next four days it's supposed to rain and then sunny on Sunday with a high of a whopping 38. (thanks weather.com). still I'm enjoying today completely. anyway, last night we went to Nashville and ate at our new favorite, P.F. Chang's. it's a family style Chinese bistro (that's what they say, it's a spacious restaurant), it's delcious! this wasn't our first time, in fact I didn't even have to look at the menu to know what I wanted. for appetizers we ordered the spring rolls (always) and the lettuce wraps, and then Ericka and I ordered the sweet and sour chicken, and garlic noodles, and Mom and Dad got the orange peel chicken, and beef and broccoli. I didn't try the beef and broccoli but everything else was devine. and of course they bring out rice which with a hint of soy sauce, geschmak! (tasty for all you non-Nanny watchers). bottom line: eat there. of course it's in the same fantastic complex as a Starbucks, and a two level Borders bookstore! so of course, we always go into Borders. there's nothing like a bookstore to calm me down (though I was pretty calm from my chinese eats) but it's just so relaxing. we had a great time together, it's not often we eat meals together so that added with P.F. Chang's was fantastic. anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, as for me I'm going to enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: